Friday, March 12, 2010

Unconditional Love

I stumbled across this last night, and I was so blessed by it that I wanted to share. These verses come from Psalm 37:23-24:

"The steps of a man are established by the LORD, and He delights in his way. When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong, because the LORD is the One who holds his hand."

Isn't that awesome?! I take it for granted that God has a plan for me and has laid out a path that I should follow. That He would be so concerned with all the intimate details of my life is an outstanding display of love in itself. But to think... He is still holding my hand when I stray and when I fall. God (who is holy and pure) never lets go of us, no matter how far we fall. What love is this!


PS: I love the mental picture these verses give. "Hurled headlong" definitely paints a specific picture in my mind. I'm so glad our Father has more compassion than this!

1 comment:

  1. Angie, in addition to your skills working with the people you met, you also are skilled writing about your experiences and taking photos. I alternated between laughing, smiling, and the occasional tear as I read how God was working in your life. Jo Schiffbauer

    ReplyDelete