Monday, June 7, 2010

Background Servants

For the past two days there has been a group here from Trevecca Nazarene University in Tennessee.  Chaille and I have been helping with the groups, setting up/cleaning up for meals, showing them around, and accompanying them to various Veritas programs.  It has been a fun, yet tiring, break from our typical routine. 
Doing a lot of the behind-the-scenes work has opened my eyes and given me a new appreciation for all those who made my first trip to Romania the wonderful experience it was.  It is so easy to forget about all of the "background" details that must be taken care of for each and every experience.  The coordinator, cook, cleaners, drivers, program staff and volunteers - all of these people and more come together to provide a positive, seamless experience.  It is quite amazing to watch.  So, to all of those who have helped make my experiences so enjoyable and worthwhile, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment