Thursday, May 13, 2010

We're here!


After a long, complex journey, we're here! Exhausted and exhilarated, we're here. Yay! I left Toledo on Tuesday afternoon and finally made it to Sighisoara around 7 o'clock this evening (Thursday), noon in Ohio time. What a trip! There were some flight delays due to weather and volcanic ash, but British Airways was wonderful. They are still my favorite airline - good food, good movies, great service.
Chaille and I found out in Chicago that the delay would make us miss our next flight, so we took a later flight into Bucharest. We landed around eleven, and made it out of the airport at midnight. Out of our group that flew here, (4 women from Olivet University, and Chaille and I), I am the only one who lost a bag. I am so thankful I packed an entire outfit in my carry-on; I never do! My luggage should arrive tomorrow.
Since we landed so late last night, we spent the night with a missionary family in Bucharest. I was so happy to see a mattress! I started the trip with sleep deprivation, and I'm still trying to catch up. So far, jet lag has not been an issue. I'm just tired because there hasn't been time to sleep! We took our time driving to Sighisoara today. We stopped in Sinaia, up in the Carpathian mountains, to see the Peles castle. It was neat to go back, and this time take the indoor tour. The picture at the top of this blog entry came from there. It is such a beautiful place!
As I looked back through some of my older posts, I see there is much I need to bring you up to date on. I will try to work on that in the next few days. Blessings!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you made it safely there. I wonder if they let you walk on the grass this time at the castle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for being back in Romania! Wish I was there with you and I'm totally jealous you got to go inside the castle! P.S. I know what it feels like to lose luggage - it happened to me when we went! I am praying for you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha... I thought about the grass! I decided not to push it; I wanted to see the inside of the castle!

    ReplyDelete